Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Upper Lake Ohau - Maitland River valley


3 March -  Owen and three others from our group did an overnight tramp via Snowy Gorge hut.  I walked up the Maitland valley for about two hours to meet them.  I met some hunters and in conversation I realised that Owen's group were going to take a long time yet.  The hunters kindly gave me a very bumpy ride out on a quad bike so that I could tell the other two in our group.  Later in the afternoon I walked in again and was very pleased to see Owen's group crossing a scree slope at about 5.30pm.    It was a long day, we were all back to our car at 8pm.


Beautiful Upper Lake Ohau - we could see Mt Cook from here
I walked in to this point to look for Owen and his tramping companions coming out across this scree slope


Friendly hunters

I was waiting on the track at the top, two of the group crossing one of the two large scree slopes they encountered.
Walking out the Maitland valley in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment